Thursday, May 12, 2011

Shoe challenges 12 & 13

At last I'm back on the horse! I had great plans to get these up on the blog and sent off to Shoeperwoman earlier in the week given that I actually completed them at the weekend but once again life got in the way. Not only have I been busy, busy, busy but I managed to get some horrible tummy bug just to make life complete. I still feel like the proverbial pile of pooh and shall be slinking off to bed as soon as I file this.

So, with this in mind and not to delay any further...

Number 12 - black patent Jessica Simpson slingbacks


Worn with an Alfani Petite dress from Macys in New York and a cardigan from Dunnes Stores. I wore these last Saturday for lunch out with the girls and just about managed to squeeze a photo out of husband number one. I really love these shoes - they can be dressed up or down and the round toe is really comfortable. They were also a bargain, purchased in Marshalls in downtown Chicago for $40! Get in!

Here's the close up

Number 13 –  Christian Louboutin black pallitiette Helmuts

Excuse the photo but I had to resort to an iPhone camera as the night had slipped away from me before I realised. These are simply gorgeous shoes and are worn here with a lovely green matt satin Maggy London Petite dress from Nordstrom with a shug from M&S Limited Collection. You can't really see the colours here so you'll just have to trust me. The handbag is a Star by Julian McDonald from Debenhams and it actually matches the tiny sequins on the shoes really closely.

Speaking of closely...

It's not the best photo - I probably should have used a macro to capture the details of the tiny sequins. They are really striking shoes. I think the cut is really eye catching; they are sexy without being strappy.

That's me for now.  Hopefully it won't take me another three weeks to complete another challenge!

2 comments: